The past couple of weeks have been busy and full of emotions. A lot has happened and I am sure a lot more is to come.
All these events and emotions have made me very reflective about our next step on cultivating a mindfulness life.
Acceptance is not something easy to "develop", and differently from what most people may believe, it does not only mean settling on those things that cannot be changed; it means much more than that, it means finding the necessary peace to give you the freedom you need to change what you believe needs to be changed and to experience the changes with an open heart.
I am almost ready to post about acceptance and how that should tie to the idea of mindfulness living...but I still need a couple more days or so to have all my ideas put together "on paper". So please, bare with me and while you wait I hope you enjoy this wonderful quote that says so much on what we will be discussing next:
"Each time you meet an old emotional pattern with presence, your awakening to truth can deepen. There’s less identification with the self in the story and more ability to rest in the awareness that is witnessing what’s happening. You become more able to abide in compassion, to remember and trust your true home. Rather than cycling repetitively through old conditioning, you are actually spiraling toward freedom." [Tara Brach, True Refuge: Finding Peace and Freedom in Your Own Awakened Heart]

No comments:
Post a Comment