We will not be talking yoga this evening but I found this video and was so touched by it that I decided to share. This is a good example of how much one can achieve and how far one can go when deciding to live a mindful life, by being aware and by putting that awareness into action.
As discussed on previous post [Mindfulness Living - "Noticing"], the first step to achieving mindfulness is being aware or to notice what you feel, why you feel it, how you feel it and where you feel it. Feelings and thoughts are what make us who we are and even though the body plays a big role to living, it is still only a shell carrying the results of our daily thoughts and feelings.
The next step to a mindful living is "accepting" and we will discuss it more in depth during the coming week.; however, I do believe it is important for us to pause here for a little reflecting before we move along.
Noticing and accepting our thoughts and feelings does not mean you cannot change the things you are able to change. It only means that you no longer fight or avoid those facts that consume you but instead, you face them, you recognize them and by doing so you accept them without judging yourself. You fight your "monsters" and you embrace your truly self.
Once all that is achieved you will then find yourself (body, mind and soul) more open to change; some of the changes might even happen imperceptibly. In other words, you consciously and purposely notice (what do I feel?/ why do I feel it?/ how do I delete it?/ where do I feel it?), you let it be (create awareness on what is that I believe is "wrong"), you let it go (acceptance). You then feel confident and stronger because now you know that you've got what it is needed, because you love yourself just the way you are, imperfect yet perfect and beautiful by your own eyes. And because you now love yourself and you love life you will live more mindfully and change what needs changing in order to achieve that.
I was told several times - back when I used to take Tang So Do (a type of martial arts) - that "your body will give up a million times before your mind will". It took me a while but I understand it now...only once mind, body and soul are connected and working in unison is that one becomes capable of doing anything and everything!
I hope you all enjoy the video. Here's for an awesome and mindful week... Never Give Up!!!
Namasté!

No comments:
Post a Comment